Green Gardener’s Soap makes a beautiful, hard bar of soap combining the nourishing properties of hemp oil with the rejuvenating and anti-aging properties of green tea.
- 32 ozs. Palm Oil (Sustainably Sourced)
- 27 ozs. Coconut Oil 76
- 16 ozs. Hemp Oil
- 15 ozs. Olive Oil Pomace
- 10 drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 13 ozs. Lye (Sodium Hydroxide)
- 30 ozs. Green Tea (yes, make up a batch of strong tea)
- 4 ozs. Peppermint essential oil or oils of your choice.
- 1-2 tsps. of Kaolin Clay (Optional)
- Combine the oils in a large pot and melt until almost totally melted. Turn off heat.
- Combine the lye with the green tea.
- Take the temperature of both and add the lye mixture to the oil mixture when the temperatures are the same. As long as the temperatures of both are within 5 degrees F of each other, and are between 90F and 120F, you can combine them.
- Blend with an electric hand mixer (stick blender) until the soap reaches trace.
- Working quickly to avoid cooling, separate ¼ of the mixture into a different bowl
- Pour the rest into your prepared mold.
- Quickly mix the clay with the ¼ batch. Then pour on top of the soap that is already in the mold.
- Cover with plastic wrap and then wrap the batch well with a towel.
- Store in a warm place (70 F) for 24 hours.
- Remove soap from mold and cut into pieces.
- Place soap pieces on edge on a towel where they aren’t touching each other (kind of like dominoes) so they can harden and finish the soap making process. Leave for 3-4 weeks before using.